- Wanjiku Mathenge; Emergency management: exposure keratopathy. Community Eye Health 2018 ;31(103):69
- Wanjiku Mathenge; My journey: from clinician to educator. Community Eye Health 2018 ;31(102):42
- Jennifer L Y Yip Tess Bright Sebastian Ford Wanjiku Mathenge Hannah Faal ; Process evaluation of a National Primary Eye Care Programme in Rwanda. BMC Health Serv Res 2018 Dec 7;18(1):950. Epub 2018 Dec 7.
- Andrew Bastawrous Wanjiku Mathenge John Buchan Fatima Kyari Tunde Peto Hillary Rono Helen A Weiss David Macleod Allen Foster Matthew J Burton Hannah Kuper; Glaucoma Features in an East African Population: A 6-Year Cohort Study of Older Adults in Nakuru, Kenya. J Glaucoma 2018 May;27(5):455-463
- Madeleine C Bastawrous Carmen Piernas Andrew Bastawrous Jason Oke Daniel Lasserson Wanjiku Mathenge Matthew J Burton Susan A Jebb Hannah Kuper; Reference values for body composition and associations with blood pressure in Kenyan adults aged ≥50 years old.;Eur J Clin Nutr 2018 May 15. Epub 2018 May 15.
- Tien Y. Wong, Jennifer Sun, Ryo Kawasaki, Paisan Ruamviboonsuk, Neeru Gupta, Van Charles Lansingh, Mauricio Maia, Wanjiku Mathenge, Sunil Moreker, Maji M.K. Muqit, Serge Resnikoff, Juan Verdaguer, Peiquan Zhao, Frederick Ferris, Lloyd P. Aiello, Hugh R. Taylor. Guidelines on Diabetic Eye Care The International Council of Ophthalmology Recommendations for Screening, Follow-up, Referral, and Treatment Based on Resource Settings; Ophthalmology 2018;-:1e15 ª 2018 by the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Melanie C Corbett , Wanjiku Mathenge, Marcia Zondervan and Nick Astbury; Cascading training the trainers in ophthalmology across Eastern, Central and Southern Africa” in Globalization and Health(2017) 13:46
- Wanjiku Mathenge, Keeping my professional development continuous; Comm Eye Health Vol. 30 No. 97 2017 pp 6. Published online 12 May 2017.
- Andrew Bastawrous; Wanjiku Mathenge; Tunde Peto, Nisha Shah, Kevin Wing, Hillary Rono, Helen A. Weiss; David Macleod; Allen Foster; Matthew Burton; Hannah Kuper, Six-Year Incidence and Progression of Age-Related Macular Degeneration in Kenya; Nakuru Eye Disease Cohort Study; JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135(6):631-638. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2017.110
- The incidence of diabetes mellitus and diabetic retinopathy in a population-based cohort study of people age 50 years and over in Nakuru, Kenya Andrew Bastawrous , Wanjiku Mathenge , Kevin Wing , Madeleine Bastawrous , Hillary Rono, Helen A. Weiss , David Macleod , Allen Foster , Tunde Peto, Peter Blows , Matthew Burton, and Hannah Kuper. BMC Endocrine Disorders (2017) 17:19 DOI 10.1186/s12902-017-0170-x
- Andrew Bastawrous, Wanjiku Mathenge, Kevin Wing, Hillary Rono, Michael Gichangi, Helen A. Weiss, David Macleod, Allen Foster, Matthew J. Burton,, and Hanna h Kuper. Six-Year Incidence of Blindness and Visual Impairment in Kenya: The Nakuru Eye Disease Cohort Study; IOVS, November 2016, Vol. 57 ,No. 14 ,5974
- Paul Courtright, Wanjiku Mathenge, Amir Bedri, Kello, Colin Cook, Khumbo Kalua and Susan Lewallen. Setting targets for human resources for eye health in sub-Saharan Africa: what evidence should be used? Human Resources for Health 14(1) March 2016
- Hansen MB, Abràmoff MD, Folk JC, Mathenge W, Bastawrous A, Peto T Results of Automated Retinal Image Analysis for Detection of Diabetic Retinopathy from the Nakuru Study, Kenya. PLoS ONE 10(10)(2015: e0139148. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0139148
Global Efforts to Generate Evidence for Vision 2020
- By Mingguang He, Wanjiku Mathenge, Susan Lewallen
- Ophthalmic Epidemiology 08/2015; 22(4):237-238
Providing Vision For A Nation – Improving Eye Care in Rwanda: Lessons from the field
- By Agnes Binagwaho, Kirstin Woody Scott, Thomas Rosewall, Graeme Mackenzie, Gweneth Rehnborg, Sjoerd Hannema, Max Presente, Piet Noe, Wanjiku Mathenge, John Nkurikiye, Francois Habiyaremye, and Theophile Dushime
- Bulletin of the WHO MS no: BLT/2014/143149
Prevalence and correlates of diabetic retinopathy in a population-based survey of older people in Nakuru, Kenya
- By Wanjiku Mathenge; Andrew Bastawrous; Tunde Peto; Irene Leung; David Yorston; Allen Foster; Hannah Kuper
- Ophthalmic Epidemiology, v21 n3 (2014): 169-177
The Nakuru eye disease cohort study: methodology and rationale
- By Andrew Bastawrous; Wanjiku Mathenge; Tunde Peto; Helen A Weiss; Hillary Rono; Allen Foster; Matthew Burton; Hannah Kuper
- BMC Ophthalmology, v14 n1 (2014): 60
Task shifting in primary eye care: how sensitive and specific are common signs and symptoms to predict conditions requiring referral to specialist eye personnel?
- By Hery Andriamanjato; Wanjiku Mathenge; Khumbo Kalua; Paul Courtright; Susan Lewallen
- Human Resources for Health, v12 nSuppl 1 (2014): S3
Refractive Error Blindness in Older Africans
- By Justin C Sherwin; Wanjiku Mathenge; Kunle Hassan; Colin Cook; Khumbo Kalua; Paul Courtright; Susan Lewallen
- Ophthalmology, v120 n7 (2013): e40
Prevalence and predictors of refractive error and spectacle coverage in Nakuru, Kenya: a cross-sectional, population-based study
- By Andrew Bastawrous; Wanjiku Mathenge; Allen Foster; Hannah Kuper
- The International Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, v33 n5 (2013): 541-548
Prevalence of Age-Related Macular Degeneration in Nakuru, Kenya: A Cross-Sectional Population-Based Study
- By W Mathenge; A Bastawrous; T Peto; I Leung; A Foster; H Kuper
- PLoS medicine, 2013; 10(2): e1001393
Cataract Incidence in Sub-Saharan Africa: What does Mathematical Modeling tell us about Geographic Variations and Surgical Needs?
- By Susan Lewallen; Paul Courtright; Daniel Etya’ale; Wanjiku Mathenge; Elena Schmidt; Joseph Oye; Anne Clark; Talithia Williams
- Ophthalmic Epidemiology, v20 n5 (20130902): 260-266
Evidence for integrating eye health into primary health care in Africa: a health systems strengthening approach
- By du Toit R; HB Faal; D Etya’ale; B Wiafe; I Mason; R Graham; S Bush; W Mathenge; P Courtright
- BMC health services research, 2013; 13: 102
Predictors of attendance and barriers to cataract surgery in Kenya, Bangladesh and the Philippines
- By A Syed; S Polack; C Eusebio; W Mathenge; Z Wadud; AK Mamunur; A Foster; H Kuper
- Disability and rehabilitation, 2013 Sep; 35(19): 1660-7
Socioeconomic position and later life prevalence of hypertension, diabetes and visual impairment in Nakuru, Kenya
- By George B Ploubidis; Wanjiku Mathenge; Bianca De Stavola; Emily Grundy; Allen Foster; Hannah Kuper
- International Journal of Public Health, v58 n1 (201302): 133-141
Vernal keratoconjunctivitis in school children in Rwanda: clinical presentation, impact on school attendance, and access to medical care.
- By De Smedt SK, Nkurikiye J, Fonteyne YS, Tuft SJ, Gilbert CE, Kestelyn P.
- Ophthalmology. 2012 Sep;119(9):1766-72.
Topical ciclosporin in the treatment of vernal keratoconjunctivitis in Rwanda, Central Africa: a prospective, randomised, double-masked, controlled clinical trial.
- By De Smedt S, Nkurikiye J, Fonteyne Y, Tuft S, De Bacquer D, Gilbert C, Kestelyn P.
- British Journal of Ophthalmology 2012 Mar;96(3):323-8.
The Nakuru Posterior Segment Eye Disease Study:Methods and Prevalence of Blindness and Visual Impairment in Nakuru, Kenya
- By Wanjiku Mathenge; Andrew Bastawrous; Allen Foster; Hannah Kuper
- Ophthalmology, v119 n10 (2012): 2033-2039
The Prevalence of Type 2 Idiopathic Macular Telangiectasia in Two African Populations
- By Ferenc B Sallo; Irene Leung; Wanjiku Mathenge; Fatima Kyari; Hannah Kuper; Clare E Gilbert; Alan C Bird; Tunde Peto
- Ophthalmic Epidemiology, v19 n4 (201208): 185-189
Rapid Assessment of Avoidable Blindness in Two Northern Provinces of Burundi without Eye Services
- By Levi Kandeke; Wanjiku Mathenge; Chantal Giramahoro; Francoise-Picard Adubang’o Undendere; Patrick Ruhagaze; Celestin Habiyakare; Paul Courtright; Susan Lewallen
- Ophthalmic Epidemiology, v19 n4 (201208): 211-215
Vernal keratoconjunctivitis in school children in Rwanda and its association with socio-economic status: a population-based survey.
- By Smedt SD, Nkurikiye J, Fonteyne Y, Hogewoning A, Esbroeck MV, Bacquer DD, Tuft S, Gilbert C, Delanghe J, Kestelyn P.
- The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 2011 Oct;85(4):711-7.
Results of a Rapid Assessment of Avoidable Blindness (RAAB) in Eritrea
- By Andreas Muller; Mehari Zerom; Hans Limburg; Yohannes Ghebrat; Ghenet Meresie; Kahsai Fessahazion; Kibret Beyene; Wanjiku Mathenge; Goitom Mebrahtu
- Ophthalmic Epidemiology, v18 n3 (2011): 103-108
Estimating incidence of vision-reducing cataract in Africa: a new model with implications for program targets
- By S Lewallen; TD Williams; A Dray; BC Stock; W Mathenge; J Oye; J Nkurikiye; K Kimani; A Müller; P Courtright
- Archives of ophthalmology, 2010 Dec; 128(12): 1584-9
- By Ingrid Mason and Wanjiku Mathenge
- Community Eye Health. 2010 Sep;23(73):21-2
The impact of cataract surgery on activities and time-use: results from a longitudinal study in Kenya, Bangladesh and the Philippines
- By Sarah Polack, Christina Eusebio, Wanjiku Mathenge, Zazkia Wadud, Mamunur Rashid, Allen Foster, Hannah
- PLoS One. 2010 Jun 1;5(6):e10913.
Urbanization, ethnicity and cardiovascular risk in a population in transition in Nakuru, Kenya: a population-based survey
- By W Mathenge; A Foster; H Kuper
- BMC public health, 2010; 10: 569
Case study: redesigning Kenya’s HMIS for eye care
- Wanjiku Mathenge
- Community Eye Health. 2010 Dec; 23(74): 51.
- S Silverton and W Mathenge
- Correspondent News BCPB, September 2010
Does Cataract Surgery Alleviate Poverty? Evidence from a Multi-Centre Intervention Study Conducted in Kenya, the Philippines and Bangladesh
- By Kuper H, Polack S, Mathenge W, Eusebio C, Wadud Z, Rashid M, Foster A
- PLoS One. 2010 Nov 9;5(11):e15431
Primary eye care in sub-Saharan African: do we have the evidence needed to scale up training and service delivery?
- By Courtright P, Seneadza A, Mathenge W, Eliah E, Lewallen S
- Annals of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, Vol. 104, No. 5, 361–367 (2010)
Reaching rural Africans with eye care services: findings from primary eye care approaches in Rubavu District, Rwanda. Tropical Medicine and International Health
- By Paul Courtright; Janvier Murenzi; Wanjiku Mathenge; Joseph Munana; Andreas Müller
- Tropical Medicine & International Health, v15 n6 (June 2010): 692-696
Primary Eye Care in Rwanda: Gender of service providers and other factors associated with effective service delivery
- By A Müller; J Murenzi; W Mathenge; J Munana; P Courtright
- Tropical medicine & international health, 2010 May; 15(5): 529-33
- Wanjiku Mathenge
- Ophthalmology Times Special Reports, September 2009
The impact of cataract on time-use: results from a population based case-control study in Kenya, the Philippines and Bangladesh
- By Sarah Polack; Hannah Kuper; Cristina Eusebio; Wanjiku Mathenge; Zakia Wadud; Allen Foster
- Ophthalmic Epidemiology, v15 n6 (2008): 372-382
Functional presbyopia in a rural Kenyan population: the unmet presbyopic need
- By Justin C Sherwin; Jill E Keeffe; Hannah Kuper; FM Amirul Islam; Andreas Muller; Wanjiku Mathenge
- Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology, 36, no. 3 (2008): 245-251
A Case-Control Study to Assess the Relationship between Poverty and Visual Impairment from Cataract in Kenya, the Philippines, and Bangladesh
- By H Kuper; S Polack; C Eusebio; W Mathenge; Z Wadud; A Foster
- PLoS medicine, 2008 Dec 16; 5(12): e244
Cataract surgical services, outcome and barriers in Kericho, Bureti and Bomet Districts, Kenya (Link Unavailable)
- Kimani K, Mathenge W, Shiela M, Onyango O, Wachira W, Elkana O, et al.
- East African Journal of Ophthalmology, 2008:36–41.
Rapid Assessment of Avoidable Blindness in Western Rwanda: Blindness in a Post-conflict Setting
- By W Mathenge; J Nkurikiye; H Limburg; H Kuper
- PLoS medicine, 2007 Jul; 4(7): e217
Cataract visual impairment and quality of life in a Kenyan population
- By S Polack; H Kuper; W Mathenge; A Fletcher; A Foster
- The British journal of ophthalmology, 2007 Jul; 91(7): 927-32
Vitamin A deficiency in a Kenyan Prison
- By Wanjiku Mathenge; Hannah Kuper; Mark Myatt; Allen Foster; Clare Gilbert
- Tropical Medicine & International Health, v12 n2 (2007): 269-273
Rapid assessment of avoidable blindness in Nakuru district, Kenya
- By Wanjiku Mathenge; Hannah Kuper; Hans Limburg; Sarah Polack; Oscar Onyango; Godfrey Nyaga; Allen Foster
- Ophthalmology, v114 n3 (2007): 599-605