At RIIO, we believe that Eye Health workers are the heart and soul of eye care delivery systems. Africa in general, and Rwanda in particular, is faced with a chronic shortage of trained personnel. RIIO contributes to what is needed to bridge the gap by supporting training a various levels.
Join our Residency Program
The Rwanda international Institute of Ophthalmology (RIIO), a constituent institution of the College of Ophthalmology of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (COECSA), plans to offer a four-year ophthalmology residency program combining clinical training, academic activities, and research opportunities. The residents will be awarded a fellowship of the College (FCO-ECSA) which is a regional qualification
The Call for applications for the INTERNATIONAL OPHTHALMOLOGY SPECIALIST FELLOWSHIP are now closed. They will reopen soon.
The fellowship is a program of the College of Ophthalmology of Eastern Central and Southern Africa (COESCA).
APPLICATIONS SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Watch this space for application details
- Establish a residency program with open access – both in terms of entrance to the residency and comprehensive support for student success once they are in training
- Ensure that students build upon their capacity to become self-directed, intentional and continuous learners
- Support mid-level training for eye health professionals
- Provide Continuous Medical Education (CME) and Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Assure that our students meet international certification standards while remaining locally relevant
- Design effective learning experiences by identifying our students’ strengths and needs within the curriculum
- Select the best and most appropriate ways of promoting effective education and invest in high-quality learning resources for our students in classes, in clinics and on distance learning platforms
- Embrace ICT-related education resources and choose technology that promotes and enhances learning
- Forge networks of expert trainers from around the world