At RIIO, we believe that Eye Health workers are the heart and soul of eye care delivery systems. Africa in general, and Rwanda in particular, is faced with a chronic shortage of trained personnel. RIIO contributes to what is needed to bridge the gap by supporting training at various levels.
Join our Residency Program
The Rwanda international Institute of Ophthalmology (RIIO), a constituent institution of the College of Ophthalmology of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (COECSA), plans to offer a four-year ophthalmology residency program combining clinical training, academic activities, and research opportunities. The residents will be awarded a fellowship of the College (FCO-ECSA) which is a regional qualification
The Call for applications for the INTERNATIONAL OPHTHALMOLOGY SPECIALIST FELLOWSHIP is open.
The fellowship is a program of the College of Ophthalmology of Eastern Central and Southern Africa (COESCA).
APPLICATIONS SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN!
Visit this space for application details
- Establish a residency program with open access – both in terms of entrance to the residency and comprehensive support for student success once they are in training
- Ensure that students build upon their capacity to become self-directed, intentional and continuous learners
- Support mid-level training for eye health professionals
- Provide Continuous Medical Education (CME) and Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Assure that our students meet international certification standards while remaining locally relevant
- Design effective learning experiences by identifying our students’ strengths and needs within the curriculum
- Select the best and most appropriate ways of promoting effective education and invest in high-quality learning resources for our students in classes, in clinics and on distance learning platforms
- Embrace ICT-related education resources and choose technology that promotes and enhances learning
- Forge networks of expert trainers from around the world