RIIO -COECSA OPHTHALMOLOGY RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Fee Structure for 2021-2022 Academic Year
The first year tuition, fees, and charges shown below are estimates based on currently approved amounts. These figures may not be final. Actual tuition, fees, and charges are subject to change each academic year by RIIO and could be affected by external funding reductions.
|Tuition and Fees||$7,500*|
|Academic (Professional) Support||$300|
|Conferences and Meetings||$800|
|Outreach and Electives Costs||$ 800|
|Books and Equipment Supplies||$ 783|
|Professional Examinations Fees||$750|
|Health Insurance||$ 1005**|
|Total – Cost Residents||$13,624|
- Payment plans are discussed and customized before training starts.
- *Tuition fee for trainee’s from outside the ESCA region $9500.
- **If proof of existing valid Medical Insurance, then the item cost is not applicable.
- Before admission, the successful candidates must present a commitment letter from the sponsor securing sponsorship covering the training period.
- Budgeting for living costs is an important part of planning for Residency life. The cost of living can vary greatly depending on your lifestyle, budget and spending habits. The approximate living expenses in Kigali is $1000 per month. The successful candidates must show proof that they can sustain themselves.
- Please note that you must register yourself with the Rwanda Medical and Dental Council before commencing training.