- World Sight Day (WSD) is an international day of awareness to focus on the global issue of avoidable blindness and visual impairment
- RIIO supports the theme for WSD 2015: Universal Eye Health!
- For World Sight Day 2015, RIIO visited Rwanda’s Diabetes Education Centre. Run by the Rwandan Diabetes Association, this centre provides training and education for youth living with Type 1 diabetes in Rwanda.
- READ MORE
September – RIIO Completes the first National Survey of Blindness in Rwanda
- In September, RIIO completed the first National Survey of Blindness in the country
- Preliminary results show that cataract continues to be the leading cause of blindness in Rwanda and that 80% of blindness is avoidable
August 8th – RIIO Hosts German Ambassador to Inaugurate Cornea-Help Partnership
- RIIO is thrilled to be in partnership with Cornea-Help – an organization based out of Weismoor, Germany that focuses on corneal transplants for people living in sub-Saharan Africa
- Cornea-Help has been active in Liberia, Kenya, South Sudan, the Ivory Coast and now, Rwanda.
- RIIO and Cornea-Help will be working on a project to secure corneal transplants for children Rwanda
- READ MORE